10 Best Cafes in Camber and Rye
10 best cafes in Camber and Rye
1. Hoolie Café in the Rye Waterspouts Centre on the Lydd road into Camber. The cafe benches are on a raised decking area complete with a built-in sandpit, buckets and spade and a play tent, so you can relax and enjoy some stunning cakes and tasty food real coffee and heathy smoothies while the kids play if you’re not out on the lake.
2. Beryl’s Café on Salts Farm is a homely cafe using local produce to make hearty all day breakfasts, Sunday Roasts, Main Meals and mouth-watering Sandwiches & Pannini’s.
Guests are invited to bring their own alcohol to accompany their meals. They are situated just outside Camber on the main junction leading back to Rye with plenty of parking.
3. Rye Bay Café serves breakfasts panninis cakes and barista coffee as well as lunches and dinner at very reasonable prices. Well behaved small Dogs are welcome during the day at the staff’s discretion
4. Camber Café is a typical greasy spoon with all the traditional fare available at low prices. Great for escaping the camber crowds.
6. The Fig is a brand new coffee shop serving great coffee and healthy, wholesome food and cakes in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. A beautifully decorated café that welcome dogs.
7. The George in Rye does great afternoon teas, coffees and breakfasts in a recently renovated building dating from 1575.The interior is a comfortable blend of old and new, creating an atmosphere which is relaxed, informal and individual. With the days newspapers to hand and open fires in the winter this is a place to linger. Dogs are welcome in the bar
8. Cappucini Café homemade fresh waffles, Coffee and Gelato are served in this hidden gem in this small 50’s inspired hut in Cinque Ports Street.
9. The Old Grain Store in the Strand serves fresh coffee, light lunches, good quality sandwiches, toasties and homemade cakes. Alcohol is available as are daily specials and the prices are very reasonable There is indoor and outdoor seating and a gift shop selling high quality contemporary items. Dogs and children welcome,
10. The Red Pig serves amazing coffee, kofte, delicious sausage baguettes, breakfast pies, bagels homemade cakes in this pop-up restaurant in a converted shepherds hut behind Winchelsea Beach on Pett Level road. Binoculars are provided so you can watch the wildlife across the picturesque Romney Marsh.