Top 10 Best Rainy Day activities around Camber Sands for Families
Top 10 best Rainy Day activities around Camber Sands for Families
Pontins you might welcome the access to a large heated indoor swimming pool to keep your family amused when it’s wet. The splash-tastic swimming pool includes a host of water based activities including the fabulous Water Walkerz. Day passes also give you access to the amusement arcade, crocs adventure land with its children’s cinema, arts and crafts activities and shows in the fun factory. Access to evening entertainment as well as outdoor activities such as the urban gym, football, archery and other outdoor pursuits is included. Prices are reasonable at only £5 per person with under 2’s free. Leave your car at Owlers Retreat as parking is £10!! Facilities are open daily between 8am and midnight.
2. Rye Heritage and Information Centre explains the history behind the Mediaeval town. The Rye town model with its 20-minute sight and sound show brings 700 years of the historic town’s story to life. Try your luck on the old pier amusement machines in the penny arcade.
When the weather improves take a self-guided tour around Rye using one of the audio handsets available from the Rye Heritage Centre. Guided ghost and historic tours are available on selected dates during the year.
3. Kino Rye digital cinema housed in a stylish and comfortable converted library shows the latest blockbusters, kids’ movies, foreign-language films, documentaries and live events broadcast via satellite from world-class venues that include the National Theatre, the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company Stratford-Upon-Avon, The Globe and the O2.
Special deals for Kids and their “grown up” on Saturday and Sunday mornings. It has a licensed cafe-bar that serves delicious food, coffee, cakes, wines and beers throughout the day.
4. Hastings Museum and Art Gallery an eclectic museum with something for all ages that provides an informative history of Hastings from old bathing pools to mods and rockers scooter days. The Hastings Museum and Art Gallery has a collection of Turner engravings, including sketches, objects and furniture from the painter’s house, and a recently purchased watercolour “Hastings Fish Market on the Sands, Early Morning” 1824.
5. Smugglers Adventure in St Clements Caves shares the history of smuggling on the south coast of England. ‘Hairy Jack’ guides visitors around the caves. Life sized figures, interactive activities, dramatic lighting, eerie sound effects and a few surprises bring the heyday of smuggling to life.
6. Blue Reef Aquarium Hastings glass underwater walk through tunnels provide spectacular views of our oceans from the hidden world of our native waters, to the underwater gardens’ of the Mediterranean and beautiful of tropical waters home to seahorses and puffer fish to living corals and native sharks. Informative talks and feeding displays are scheduled throughout the day. Some reviews mention this can be pricey and there is mixed feedback about how much time this attraction takes to look around.
Bexhill on Sea
7. De La Warr Pavilion this beautiful modernist building houses a contemporary art gallery with regularly changing exhibitions and many family events where you can create your own artwork or engage in musical activities.
8. The Observatory Science Centre was once the royal Greenwich observatory. Today it is a discovery centre where the emphasis is on interactive hands on science exhibits. It has retained its links with astronomy and offers open evenings where you can look at the night sky through its enormous telescopes with the added bonus of having a quiet museum to explore at leisure.
9. McArthurGlen Designer Outlet undercover designer discount shopping for all the family with cafes, restaurants, a covered children’s play area and more than 80 boutiques.
10. Mudpie Pottery Painting Creative Studio is for all ages. Spend a wet afternoon painting pottery or chose from a number of different activities to get your creative juices flowing. Even complete beginners can create something memorable and beautiful in just a couple of hours accompanied by barista coffee, tea or milkshakes, fresh cakes and ice cream.